The health and safety of our feline guests are extremely important to us, which is why we have the following requirements for our boarded guests.
- All cats should possess a COMPLETE vaccination, and the last jab should be administered in less than 12 months before Check-In. An updated vaccine card is required during Check-In as proof every time your cat comes for boarding.
- We can only accept your cat a minimum of SEVEN DAYS AFTER each vaccine jabs. This duration will give you time to monitor your cat if it catches any side effects like fever after the vaccine jabs. The vaccines take at least three to 14 days to be effective/to boost your cat's immunity. Thus, it makes them vulnerable to infections during these times, as their immunity is low.
- Kittens (under four months old) must get at least TWO TIMES of vaccine jabs before boarding. The second vaccine MUST be at least SEVEN DAYS BEFORE the boarding date.
- Suppose your kitten(s) is unable to produce a two times vaccine proof. In that case, we advise you to keep your kittens in their room for the duration of the stay for their health and safety, as they are more prone to falling ill.
- For senior cats (above ten years old) whose vet does not recommend having a vaccine booster, please produce a letter from your vet stating that your cat is healthy and suitable for boarding.
- Please note that boarding facilities place cats from different households in close proximity. Even if your cat has been fully vaccinated, it is not guaranteed that it will not get sick, let alone if the vaccine cycle is incomplete or not boosted.
Fleas & Ticks
- Catzonia is a pest-free hotel. It is COMPULSORY for all cats boarding with us to apply anti-fleas Spot On, 30 days within the stay. You can apply it yourself at home, a minimum of THREE DAYS BEFORE Check-In (proof is needed), or you can buy anti-fleas Spot On from us. Our staff will apply it on your cat during Check-In, at your own expense. This is one of our preventive measures to prevent fleas and ticks infestation in our hotel.
- If we notice that your cat has fleas during Check-In, cat owners will have to pay for Anti-Flea Bath Treatment and Anti-Flea Spot On. Our staff will bathe your cat first before placing it in the room to prevent an infestation to other cats.
- Suppose you claimed you had applied Anti-Flea Spot On or refused to apply it before boarding (as you might say, your cat is fully indoor, or your cat does not have fleas). If we notice your cat actually has fleas during the stay, or you claimed your cat had fleas when you took it back home, Catzonia and its staff will not hold liability and will not be responsible for that.
- Our staff will bathe your cat and apply anti-flea spot-on at your own expense during the stay, and you might have to pay for other cats' spot-on bills as well.
- For cats staying with us longer than 30 days, we will reapply the Spot-On every month, at your own expense as prevention.
- We will not accept cats with infectious diseases like FIV, FeLV, FIP, and other cats' illnesses. Honesty from cat owners is highly appreciated so that the welfare of all cats in our hotel is guaranteed.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to any cat that presents the appearance of illness before boarding, such as lethargy, discharging or inflamed eyes, coughing or repeated sneezing or watery nose. Or when the cat looks untidy or dirty, which is a sign of health problems.
- Suppose your cat falls ill during its stay with us. In that case, you have grants Catzonia, and its authorized staff consent to emergency medical care for the cat to be taken to the nearest veterinarian at the soonest available time. Transportation fees and veterinary expenses will be added to the cat owner's total bill. We require all owners to provide an emergency contact number of reliable adult whom we may contact if your cat becomes ill, in case we could not reach you. It is recommended that the person you choose be able to make decisions regarding your cat's care should that become necessary.
- You agree that Catzonia cannot be held liable should your cat fall sick during its stay with us if it has had a prior underlying health condition, whether you know it or not.
- It is advisable for you to ask your veterinarian opinion or do a medical check-up before boarding. Whether your cat fit boarding with us, be in a boarding facility when your cat has an underlying prolonged issue that needs daily medication, or when your cat is prone to stress problems, as stress will lead to or trigger unwanted health issues.
- If your cat has medication and needs to be administered daily, call ahead for further information. We do not administer injections.
- All medication must be in its original packaging and clearly labelled with the type of medication and dosage. Over the counter medications can only be accepted when accompanied by a veterinarian's dosage recommendation.
- Please clearly write the medication instruction on a piece of paper and pass it to the staff on duty during Check-In.
- Please take note that such service is only available to non-aggressive cats. Extra charges may be incurred. We have the right to refuse admission if you only tell us about the medication during Check-In.
What to Bring
- We provide Royal Canin Fit32 to all cats that board with us.
- If your cat is on a special diet, has a food allergy, has a sensitive stomach, etc., please bring just enough cat food for the stay. We will not be responsible if the food is not enough.
- We can serve canned or pouch wet food for your cat. Please bring enough wet food for the stay and labelled and bag them accordingly.
- The dry food should be labelled and bagged accurately in an airtight container. Please leave a written feeding instruction clearly during Check-In to our staff.
- We regret that we are unable to feed raw and home-cooked diets for food safety reasons.
- We provide only pinewood litter for all litter boxes. If your cats prefer or only use another litter type, please bring it along. Enough for the stay, or we will mix it with ours.
- Please label and bag the cat litter accurately.
- This is to prevent your cat from holding its poop and pee, which can lead to health issues or prevent them from defecating and urinating outside the litter box.
Toys, bedding, treats, and other belongings.
- To make your cat feel less stressed, especially on the first few days of boarding, cat owners can bring clean, suitable bedding and your cat's favourite toys.
- You can also provide your cat's favourite treats.
- We will clean the bedding during cleaning time but will remove it from the room if we notice that it has been wet or too dirty or smells for your cat to sit on.
- We will not be responsible for any spoilage or loss of small toys during your cat stay.
- If you plan to bring your cat's bowl, please label it. Please do not bring easy-to-break items or items that you love, as we cannot guarantee the condition of all your items at the end of your cat's stay.
- We recommend that all cats remain in their secured cat carriers while being transported until we place them in their respective room. (Keep in mind, your cat may behave, but other cats may not.) You can leave your cat carrier, and we will label it accordingly.
- It is advisable to bathe your cat before Check-Out. We offer many types of grooming and Dry Grooming for you to choose for your cat, at your own expense. Please ask our staff if you wish to bathe your cat before Check-Out.
- Your cat might smell unfavourable to you - not the smell you used to. Bathing will also refresh your cat and make it smell nicer for you to hug, and you will bring in a clean cat back home.
- We will not be responsible for the smell your cat caught during its stay and its cleanliness if you refuse to bathe your cat. However, our staff will do eye cleaning and tidy up your cat before Check-Out.
Acceptance of Risk
Catzonia takes great pride in providing our clients with the cleanest, most comfortable boarding hotel. However, no pet hotel can guarantee that it is 100% safe against bacteria, viruses, fungus, and parasites that can go undetected without laboratory testing, including us. As much as we put very stringent measures to screen, disinfect and protect against every threat, you do take a risk every time you board your cat.
- Your cat may or may not be allowed to leave its room depending on its personal preference and/or any pre-existing health conditions.
- If you allow your cat to leave its room, it will be left roaming around within the hotel facility with other cats. While we strive to maintain our hotel's pristine cleanliness and hygiene standards, you are advised that it is a shared space. Catzonia and its staff cannot guarantee against any sickness, disease, etc., contracted by your cat due to it sharing the same area. Please inform our staff if you prefer for us NOT to let your cat out.
- Cats do not deal well with changes. Even the slightest change in routine can lead to stress and other behavioural changes, which can happen during their stay in Catzonia. When they return home, as again, other changes occur.
- Please do understand that when a cat is stressed, its immune system will weaken, making it more prone to catching flu or other viruses.
- We will do our best to accommodate your cat's needs, to make sure they are not stressed during their stay but will not be responsible if such conditions happen during the stay, and after Check-Out from our facility.
- In engaging our services, you (the owner or the undersigned representative) assume all risk or injury or harm to the cat while the cat is in our boarding facility. You agree to fully release, indemnify, defend, and forever discharge Catzonia, its owners, staff, employees, and agents of and from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, actions, and causes of action in respect of death, injury, loss, sickness, or damage to the cat, or by the cat, howsoever caused, arising out of or to arise by reason of or during the time of your cat being boarded at the facility until we have fulfilled our service(s) to you.
General Admission Policy
To better serve our guests, we require cat owners to complete certain forms before grooming or boarding their cats in Catzonia. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any cat if the cat owners:
- Refuse to agree to any written forms or spoken terms and conditions by our staff.
- Or refuse to sign in any of our grooming and/or boarding forms.
- Or, by any means, do not sign in the forms (for whatever reason).
Your compliance in this matter is highly appreciated.